Im Torn

From OUR Little Anderson Animal's

June 12, 2011

My Selfish Feelings

Well I still need to post my thoughts on how the event went but I am waiting for pictures cause my words just can not do its justice!  Once receive those will post right away I have written most of the post just wanted those pics!
But I had an experience that was so much fun!  Many ask Becky Anderson(Founder of Anything For A Friend) how she can help so many people and do all that Anything For A Friend does.  She always answers: "It is really kinda selfish the reasons that I do. "
Well this last Thursday Becky asked me to go down to a recipients meeting due to her needing to be at an other recipients meeting.  I of coarse was excited to go now that we can pay it forward.  Me and my Mom and boys in tow headed down to West Jordan to Samantha Milborn's Grandmothers home where her committee was meeting.  We listened and added any input we could.  As the night was going I realized that I was the expert, I was the one they came to.  Yea these may be bad thoughts to admit out loud but I am a person that likes to be in control and the one that likes to be in the know.  But I felt like what I was doing was helping but...was so very selfish!   I totally understand what Becky is talking about!  It is so exciting to see somebody get a sense of relief from a simple comment or their lost thoughts start to be found.  All this may sound very selfish but, paying it forward is going to be great!  It is amazing the people that you can meet in life, at that meeting there were many that were hurt by the recent diagnosing of Samantha, but are coming to realize that what they are doing will really help Samantha and her family but will also help themselves.
I was asked later about all the many wonderful people that are involved with the Anything For A Friend family and how they are all very special people and all so loving and caring.  I believe we were all to be together for this purpose, we were all meant to have these trials so that we could meet and then learn the real meaning of life and then serve our fellow brothers and sisters.  We are all children of God sent here to learn, and to serve one an other.  We as a family have forever been changed by Cody's recent diagnosing not just due to the trial itself, but also because of our hearts have been opened to so many wonderful people that we will never be able to pay back, the only way we feel to pay others back is by helping others the way we were helped in our time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment